Friday, August 17, 2007

Labor might just suck a little

I'm still pregnant, which may seem surprising given my recent silence. But that's just a delightful side-effect of crazy work and home schedules. But as of tonight, I'm out of the office for the duration, even if I'm continuing to work from home over the next few days before Weeble deigns to make her grand entrance.

I'm not sure there will be any more working from home, though. It could be false labor, sure, but what's going on here tonight is NOT all that much fun. In fact, it kinda sucks. Every 4-6 minutes, lasting 30-60 seconds each, I've been having contractions. Actually, this has been going on since this afternoon, but it's decidedly more painful now than it was at, say, 3:00 today.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say this is the real deal right now. And I don't know better, so maybe it is. ACK, given the contraction I'm having right now, I could be persuaded to say my insides are about to fall directly out of me. ALL my insides, not just Weeble.

Well, I'm going to try and get some sleep anyway. Does this labor business get worse than this? Shit, I think it's going to. Dang, I'm starting to forget why I wanted to do this.

More to come, happy betters. I'll keep you all posted.

5 comments:

Liz Jimenez said...

Here's to hoping it's the real thing. I totally understand, it's so not fun. But it's somehow even worse if you go through many hours of it, only to discover it wasn't "real." Boo!

So I hope yours is real, and I hope the Weeble makes a quick and easy arrival!

Lj said...

Congrats.... I just got the message. I can't wait to meet her....

Anonymous said...

I'd say it was the real deal girlie. Can't wait to see you all this weekend :).
-G

Sarah said...

Good Luck! I'm thinking of you and can't wait for your next update...I hope it's not for at least a few more days! :o) Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Dang it! You were supposed to have her on August 15th so I could win the bet! Oh well..Congratulations anyway (tee hee)!
Love, FF