Friday, August 24, 2007

I was right: Labor DOES suck

A week later and I finally have the time to confirm what at least 95% of my readers already know or guessed: it was the real deal indeed. Last Thursday, August 16th, I went into labor. By 12:40 the next day, I had a whole new life, and Weeble had a new name. Since it's a lovely story, it deserves its own post, which I'll put up shortly.

Until then, I can confirm that labor totally sucks. So does the delivery part. It was exhausting, excruciating, and the hardest thing I've ever done. And no, the "mommy amnesia" thing that allows women to consider the remote possibility of doing it another time has not yet kicked in. But it was amazing all the same, and so is the result of all that hard work.

Now begins the fun part. Parenting.

Oh. My. God. What have we done?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTH OF YOU!!!!! I'm so happy and excited for you and DYING to know weeble's name!

Liz Jimenez said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to hear the story.

And I'm with you. Labor does suck, and I only had to do it for a few hours before the c-section. And screw pregnancy amnesia. I remember just how much I hated it. Oh sure, totally worth it, but I haven't forgotten how miserable I was!

Good luck with lack of sleep. Mine are fussing, off I go!