Sunday, August 5, 2007

Getting the Gambling Bug Again

We're down to the 2-week mark from my estimated due date, people. Get your bettin' shoes on. It's time to make some super-scientific predictions about Weeble's pending birth!

We have a couple of gambling options here. Date and weight. For those of you feeling extra frisky, go ahead and pick a time of day. Now, before you take off for your bookie's office (or back-alley refrigerator box), let's recap what we know so you're not just placing bets in the dark:

  • According to my doctor's estimate, I am due August 19th.
  • My first ultrasound, however, indicated a due date of August 16th.
  • The average online pregnancy calculator estimates my due date to be August 21st based on my last period.
  • I have had contractions every day for the past week or two, and some of them have even been rather uncomfortable. But they usually seem to happen most when I'm sitting in a car.
  • As of the last ultrasound we had (at week 32 - so 6 weeks ago), Weeble weighed in at about 6 pounds and "some odd ounces" (whatever that means). The doctor also told me during that appointment that I was measuring at 35 weeks, but that they wouldn't be changing my due date (smug bastard).
  • It is important to note that ultrasound weights are notoriously off by as much as a pound or more. Which means Weeble could have been way more than the 6+ pounds at 32 weeks (please, god, no) or way smaller (please, god, yes, for I am a small woman).
  • During the eighth month (approximately weeks 32-35), Weeble probably gained about 1/2 ounce per day

So that should give you all some food for thought to help you make the most accurate estimates possible as to Weeble's birth date and weight. Feel free to set up office pools, extensive betting charts, and whatever else will aid in your gambling extravaganza. Post your best guesses in the comments and whomever's closest will get... well, probably nothing. Let's just be honest here. Once she's born, I'll probably have bigger fish to fry. But hey, one never knows.

Happy betting, all!

PS: I finally added pictures from the baby shower for your viewing pleasure.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Murphy's Law indicates that Weeble will be born on the 16th since that is the day that Oma is coming so why not make the day more wild and crazy (not unlike Oma!!!)
As for weight,Ummmmm I will put in a guess of 7 lbs 3 1/4 oz. Nothing technical on that guess though; just J's weight when she was born so it just seems like a excellent number to me!! LOVE MY BABY GIRL(S)

Anonymous said...

I think you need to also factor in that M has guessed Aug 12th, and factor in these 3 items:

M predicted that you were pregnant.
M predicted the gender.
M is always right.

Sincerely,
M

Anonymous said...

It will be August 16th and the little one will weigh in at 8 pounds 4 oz.
This I know to be true since I too am always right. M learned from the best.

Anonymous said...

It will be August 15th at 4pm and the baby will weigh 7lbs 8oz and be 20 1/2 inches long. I wish I knew something else important that happened that day...hmmmm
K (also known as FF)

Anonymous said...

Here are my predictions and I'm purposefully not reading previous comments as to avoid being swayed.

Weeble will arrive 8/18 weighing 8 pounds 8 ounces and she'll arrive at 8:28 but I'm not sure if it will be in the am or pm.

Lucky 8s baby!
-G

Anonymous said...

PS and of course Weeble will be 18 inches long

-G

Anonymous said...

She will be born at 2:20 am on Aug 22 and weigh 7# 5 oz. She will be 20 inches long.
My husband is convinced that babies are only born at unGodly hours such as the one I have listed.

Sandy