Monday, May 7, 2007

Numbers To Date

I haven't done a stats post yet, and I figure since this is comprising my entire journaling experience while pregnant, I should at least record a milestone or two.

As of right now, I'm 25 weeks pregnant. For all you civilians, that translates to around six months along. So far, I've gained about 15 pounds, and it's split evenly between my giant belly and my enormous ass. I'd rather not discuss my boobs, which have exploded out of control. No, seriously.

I've given up very little, really. I don't drink alcoholic beverages (save the negligible amount in fake beer and wine), and I generally steer clear of deli meats. Not that this was difficult since I'm not a big sandwich eater anyway. Otherwise, I still drink caffeine, although not much (today did not count - I was exhausted, I needed that second cup just to stay alive, I swear!). Soft cheeses are definitely still on my menu, and I'll be damned if I give up hot dogs.

Physically, I feel pretty good. Well, except for the sciatic nerve pain (more fun than hanging out on a fire ant mound!). And being winded by walking more than five yards. Not in love with the round ligament pain, either. Especially when it wakes me up in the middle of the night as I turn over to get in a more comfortable position. And I'm pretty awkward by now, with this large protrusion on my front, also known as "the baby". I feel like no matter which way I turn, it's always in the way. Said protrusion also itches like crazy, so it's a good thing I like to scratch like crazy.

Mentally, I'm a complete moron. I can't concentrate worth a damn, I forget stuff (literally) 2.7 seconds after it is told to me. One time I got out of my car and left it running. I fall asleep at my desk at work multiple times a day (not usually for more than a minute). I drive M thoroughly crazy with my nonsensical rambling.

But it's worth it. The stupidity, the occasional discomfort, the getting fat, and the panic at all that remains to be done before she arrives. All it takes is one little kick from her and a feeling of calm purpose takes over. This is just damn good fun.

3 comments:

Liz Jimenez said...

My latest involves getting out of breath while SITTING! What the heck! I was used to huffing and puffing after walking short distances. Now I'm sitting on the train and feel like my heart is racing and I can't breathe. I think my lungs are getting squished. And I've got how many weeks to go??

J said...

ME TOO!! What is WITH that crazy heart pounding business?? I swear it's about to jump out of my chest, or I'm one cheeseburger away from a massive coronary. I forgot to mention I also get hot flashes and turn beet red for no apparent reason whatsoever. People probably think I'm constantly embarrassed every time I open my mouth. Or they think I probably should be, at least.

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.